Every year, the U.S. Department of Commerce’s U.S. Commercial Service (CS) helps thousands of companies export goods and services worth billions of dollars.
Proven Trade Expertise. The CS global network is located throughout the United States and in U.S. Embassies and Consulates in nearly 80 countries. In countries such as Lithuania, where the CS does not have an office, the agency partners with the U.S. Department of State’s Economic Section of the U.S. Embassy to provide specialized trade advice and services to U.S. exporters interested in doing business in the Lithuanian market.
Whether you’re looking to make your first export sale or expand your business in Lithuania, we offer the trade counselling, market intelligence, business matchmaking, and commercial diplomacy you need to connect with lucrative business opportunities. In addition, we can help you to develop trade finance and insurance strategies that align with your particular business objectives and help you complete your export transaction.
Contact us for details.
Planning and Strategy
- Create a comprehensive international business plan for entry or expansion into Lithuania.
- Get ideas and cost-effective solutions to help achieve your business goals.
Legal and Regulatory Issues
- Determine export licensing needs for shipping your products.
- Understand and comply with global product standards, certification requirements, electricity regulations, and packaging laws.
- Learn how to avoid intellectual property rights issues and legal disputes.
Documentation and Product Requirements
- Learn about export documents, including Electronic Export Information filing, invoices, packing lists, and certificates of origin.
- Verify the tariff rate for your product, as well as any import fees for a particular market.
- Determine your product’s Schedule B and HS numbers.
- Get assistance with customs-related issues.
- Obtain advocacy support if your company’s exports or Lithuania bids are adversely affected by a trade barrier or by market access issues.
- Learn how to limit the risk of non-payment, and receive counseling if problems arise.
Trade Finance and Insurance
- Formulate an export finance strategy leveraging loan programs provided by the Export-Import Bank of America, the Small Business Administration, and other trade finance organizations to reduce risk and enable your company to offer competitive terms of sale in Lithuania.
- Get guidance on pricing your products and services to ensure competitiveness in the Lithuanian markets while maximizing your profits.
Country and Industry Reports
- Get accurate and detailed information—at no cost—from country and industry market reports, written by our in-country trade professionals.
- Receive updates on new regulations, business trends, and government-financed projects.
Customized Market Research
- Gauge the sales potential for your products or services with individualized reports on global markets.
- Discover which factors influence prospective customers, identify your competitors, and obtain pricing for comparable products.
- Learn about potential partners from our trade professionals working in Lithuania.
- Order an international company report containing available sales, profit figures, potential liabilities, and other financial information.
Trade Data and Analysis
- Identify potential Lithuanian partners.
- Market your firm directly to Lithuanian companies.
- Identify Lithuanian potential partners and get detailed company reports.
- Determine the marketability of your product or service in Lithuania.
Personalized Business Matchmaking
- Meet one-on-one with pre-screened Lithuanian buyers, sales representatives, and business partners through our Gold Key Service.
- Leverage customized market briefings, research, and advice.
- Leverage customized venues to reach potential Lithuanian partners and buyers.
- Advertise in our official catalog of U.S. suppliers sent to nearly 400,000 international companies, including Lithuanian potential buyers.
- List your company in our official online directory of U.S. exporters and service providers; an affordable and convenient way to connect with customers in Lithuania and grow your business.
- Feature your company on our Lithuanian-language buyer-directed web site.
- Participate in official business development missions led by senior U.S. government leaders. Meet with Lithuanian agents, distributors, government and industry officials, prospective customers, and U.S. Embassy officials.
- Use our International Buyer Program to meet with pre-screened buyers and receive export counseling at major U.S. trade shows.
- Exhibit in the U.S. Pavilion at Lithuania international trade fairs.
- Let us distribute your marketing literature at Lithuanian international trade shows.
- Overcome trade obstacles to successfully enter the Lithuanian market.
- Benefit from coordinated U.S. government engagement with the Lithuanian government to protect U.S. business interests.
- Access U.S. government trade advocacy for your Lithuanian government procurement bids.
Contact us today to connect with a world of opportunity.